We have really struggled over the years to make gluten free biscuits that still taste good and don’t break your teeth once they cool down. We adapted a recipe and were amazed with the results. They are not only incredibly tasty, but they take only a few simple minutes to make too.
Makes approximately 12 biscuits.
50g ground almonds
50g gluten free flour
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
4 x tbsp oil
4 x tbsp water
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Cover 2 large baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, sugar and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add the oil and water.
- Mix until it forms a smooth paste.
- Take a teaspoonful and drop it onto the greaseproof paper.
- You should be able to fit about 8-10 on each tray.
- Ensure that you leave spaces between the biscuit mixture, so that they don’t ooze into each other when baking.
- Put in the oven and bake for approx 10 mins until golden brown.
- Can be eaten warm or cold.
- Best served with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.