When we got our bundle of wonderful food from Morrisons, Mia immediately asked to bake some cupcakes. We often make lemon ones, but we wanted to add a new twist with our ingredients. The Brazil nuts gave an extra depth to the flavour without being overpowering. They were happily demolished by our hungry brood in seconds!
INGREDIENTS (makes approx 14 cupcakes)
175g unsalted butter (softened)
175g caster sugar
3 x eggs
1 tsp xanthum gum
2 x lemons (rind plus juice)
125g GF flour
1 tsp GF baking powder
250g Brazil nuts (ground)
How we did it:
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Put approx. 16 paper cake cases in Yorkshire tin.
3. Put butter and caster sugar into a large bowl or mixer and beat until pale and fluffy (approx 5 mins)
4. Gradually beat in the eggs, followed by lemon zest and the lemon juice.
5. Fold in the flour, xanthum gum, baking powder and ground Brazil nuts.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cases, using roughly a dessert spoonful per case.
7. Bake for 15mins (until golden brown).
8. Cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or glass of milk! X