I had never made fresh pesto before, but when Morrison’s kindly sent us some fresh basil, pine nuts and olive oil, I just had to try it out! It really works too and was so easy and tasty. Mia’s brother, Dominic, doesn’t like the pesto from a jar, but he tucked straight into this!
Ingredients (feeds a family of 4):
300g Gluten Free Pasta
Fresh Basil (3 handfuls of fresh leaves)
250g Pine nuts
1 x tsp Garlic Puree
100g Parmesan (grated)
Lemon Juice (from half lemon)
Salt and Pepper
- Put pasta into a pan of boiling water with a splash of olive oil, cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, put the basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and half the parmesan into a blender and whizz until it forms a paste.
- Then add a splash of olive oil and a bit more parmesan. Whizz again and taste.
- Continue to add small amounts of olive oil and parmesan until you achieve your desired consistency and taste.
- When pasta has cooked and been drained, put the pesto into the pan with the pasta and heat gently for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan and a rocket salad. Yum! Enjoy!