Mia’s Auntie saw a similar recipe to this online and sent it to us. We adapted it for our tastebuds and it was really quick and easy to make. They taste very ‘healthy’ and I would say are for more grown up tastebuds. I am going to try to adapt the recipe further to make them suitable for little ones too, but they are well worth a try and can be frozen.
250g Chopped Dates
100g Raw Cashew Nuts
100g Desiccated Coconut
3 x heaped tbsp Peanut Butter (we used one without added sugar)
2 1/2 x tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Put all of the ingredients together in a blender and put on full power until it starts to stick together.
- Add more peanut butter if it isn’t sticking.
- My blender wasn’t big enough to do the whole amount in one go!
- Cover a baking tray in greaseproof paper and put the cocoa mixture onto the paper.
- Press down hard so it all sticks together, using roughly half of the tray and squish it all together.
- Pop it in the fridge for half an hour and then cut to size
We also think it’d be nice with apricots, cherries and maybe using cashew butter too.