These were so quick and easy to make. A perfect recipe to use up the old bananas at the back of the fridge!
Ingredients: (makes approx 12)
2 x over ripe bananas (mashed)
1 x cup GF oats
2 x tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp x margarine
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Grease 2 baking trays.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Make sure the mixture is firm enough to make into balls, if not then add a few more oats.
- Take a spoonful and roll into small ball shapes and place on baking tray a few inches apart from one another.
- Flatten each one with a fork.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
These are delicious as a winter warming snack with a cuppa or hot chocolate, although they were originally designed as an alternative breakfast bite.