Sacla Italia very kindly sent Mia a recipe book and some vouchers. Mia decided straight away that she wanted to make their pesto breasdsticks, which was great as we needed some packed lunch fillers. We have adapted their recipe slightly to suit Mia’s tastebuds. They are quick, easy and absolutely delicious!
INGREDIENTS (makes approx 16 breadsticks)
1 x pack of GF Puff Pastry
2 x dessert spoonfuls Sacla Italia Basil Pesto
1. Get 2 baking trays and line them with greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
3. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface until it is about the size of an A4 piece of paper.
4. Spread 1 spoonful of the pesto onto the pastry.
5. Fold the pastry in half and roll again, to the size of the A4 paper again. Watch the edges as there may be some oozing of pesto. If so, just scoop it up and spread it on the top of the pastry.
6. Spread the final spoonful of pesto onto the pastry.
7. Fold in half again and roll to the size of an A4 piece of paper.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut the pastry into 2.5 cm strips.
9. As you place each pastry strip onto the baking tray, give it a twist or two.
10. Bake for 10-15 mins, until golden brown.