Mia’s Granny made these for us the first time and added them to the top of a cake, which made it look amazing. We have adapted the recipe and enjoy eating the pieces on their own too! They are so quick and easy to make as well. A great treat to have with a glass of milk or cup of tea.
INGREDIENTS (makes approx 20 pieces)
500g White Chocolate
50g Rice Crispie GF Cereal
50g dried Apricots (chopped into tiny pieces)
50g Mixed Chopped Nuts
How we did it:
- Cover a baking tray or chopping board with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Break the chocolate into chunks and put it into an pyrex bowl and set aside.
- Get a small saucepan and add a small layer of water.
- Put the pyrex bowl into the saucepan and onto the hob.
- Heat on a gentle, low heat.
- Stir the chocolate as it melts.
- When it has completely melted, remove from heat.
- Quickly add the rice crisps and stir until they are all coated.
- Add the apricots and chopped nuts and stir thoroughly.
- Then pour the chocolate mixture onto the greaseproof paper very carefully.
- With a spatula, gently move the chocolate from side to side making a covering across the whole of the greaseproof paper.
- Put into fridge to completely set for 15 minutes.
- When the chocolate is totally solid, get a shap knife and gently cut in diagonal shapes across the chocolate to make shards. They can be as big or small as you like.