We always have left over crusts of GF bread in our house, so I made them into breadcrumbs and a friend suggested making a treacle tart. It was really delicious and best served hot.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6-8)
1 block of ready-made GF shortcrust pastry
450g Golden Syrup
85g GF Breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp ginger puree/ground ginger
1 Lemon (zest and 2 tbsp juice)
How we did it:
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Roll out pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface and put it in a flan dish.
- Ensure the edges are smooth and there are no gaps on the base or sides.
- Cover the dish with greaseproof paper and weigh it down with an ovenproof plate on top/rice/beans to blind bake the pastry case.
- Put pastry case in oven for 15 minutes until it starts to go light brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the other ingredients together.
- When pastry case is ready, remove from oven, remove greaseproof etc and then fill with breadcrumb mixture.
- Spread it evenly around the flan dish.
- Return it to the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with a dollop of clotted cream or ice cream.