My children didn’t enjoy spinach until they tried it in this yummy quiche. It’s quick and easy to make and always turns out looking quite special. Serve it with new potatoes and a green salad.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
1 block of ready-made GF Shortcrust Pastry
2 Salmon Fillets (skinned and boned and cut into small chunks)
1 Red Onion
3 handfuls of Spinach
250ml milk or double cream
35g Parmesan Cheese (grated)
Salt and Pepper
How we did it:
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Roll out the pastry on slightly floured surface.
- Put pastry into a 20 inch flan dish.
- Ensure the sides and base have no gaps.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and weigh it down with rice/beans/ovenproof dish and blind bake the pastry case for 15 minutes, until it is light brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the salmon and onion until the onions are soft, in a shallow pan.
- Add spinach to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a separate jug or bowl, mix the eggs, milk/cheese, salt and pepper together.
- When the pastry case is ready, remove from oven and gently pour in the salmon mixture ensure it is spread evenly across the pastry case.
- Then add the egg mixture and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Put in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes, until it is golden brown.