Another family favourite and these quiches are so easy to make and fillings can easily be swapped for other favourites.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
1 block of ready-made GF shortcrust Pastry
175g Ham or Bacon
250ml Milk or double cream
100g Grated Cheese
Salt and Pepper
How we did it:
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured board and place it into a 20cm large flan dish.
- Ensure there are no gaps in the sides or base of the pastry.
- Cover in greaseproof paper and weigh it down with rice/beans/ovenproof plate and bake blind for 15 minutes, until it begins to turn light brown.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon/ham and onions until soft and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl or jug beat the eggs and milk/cream together and then season with salt and pepper.
- When the pastry is ready, remove the greaseproof paper etc and evenly spread the bacon/ham and onion mix around the pastry.
- Then add the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the top is a golden brown.
- Best served with new potatoes and salad.