This is such an easy lunch or supper that goes down well with our Little Coeliac. Lovely served with potatoes wedges and why not try ‘Daddy’s Crunchy Coleslaw‘ too.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
1/2 Onion (sliced)
1/2 Red Pepper (diced)
1/2 Green Pepper (diced)
3 slices Ham/Bacon (sliced)
35g Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper
How we did it:
- Fry the onions and ham/bacon in a medium sized frying pan until the onions are soft.
- Add peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a separate jug or bowl.
- Add egg mixture to the peppers in the frying pan.
- Keep on a low-medium heat.
- Take your spatula around the edges of the pan to free the egg mix from the sides of the frying pan as it starts to cook. This allows the runny, uncooked liquid to get to the edges and cook.
- When the omelette is looking quite sturdy, sprinkle the cheese on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Take it off the hob and put it under a medium heat grill until the cheese begins to bubble.