Quiche is always a favourite in our family. We usually serve it with potato wedges and salad.
1 block pre-made GF Shortcrust Pastry
1/2 Red Onion (diced)
1/2 Red Pepper (diced)
1/2 Green Pepper (diced)
4-5 Slices of Ham (chopped)
125g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
250ml Milk or Single Cream
2 Eggs (beaten)
Sal and Pepper
How we did it:
- Pre-heat oven 200 C
- Roll out pastry on a floured board and place into a 20cm/8 inch flan dish ensure that all the side are covered and there are no gaps.
- put a layer of greaseproof paper over the whole dish and a small plate to hole the greaseproof in place.
- When oven is up to temperature, place flan dish in over to blind bake the pastry.
- Leave for 15 minutes or until it’s starting to turn brown.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions and peppers with a knob of butter or oil until soft and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, salt and pepper together in a separate jug/bowl and set aside.
- When the pastry is ready, remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 160 C.
- Spread the onions and peppers evenly in the flan dish.
- Add the egg mixture on top of the veg.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly around the quiche.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.