We were looking for a picnic idea and we came up with these. They are best eaten on the day they are made, but they can be frozen too.
INGREDIENTS (makes approx 15)
150g GF Flour
1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
80g Butter (softened)
1/2 tsp garlic paste/1 clove garlic (crushed)
10 Olives (green or black)
2 tsps Dried Mixed Herbs
How we did it:
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Grease a baking tray.
- Combine flour, xanthum gum and butter together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add garlic, herbs, olives and mix.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Knead slightly on a floured board.
- Make into thin sausage shapes (like pencils)
- Place on baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes, until they start turning light golden brown.
These are great for having with dips.