We made these as a healthier treat alternative, they didn’t suit all of our tastebuds, but they are well worth a try!
INGREDIENTS (makes 10-12 cupcakes)
120g GF Flour
1tsp Xanthum Gum
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
60g Dark Chocolate (roughly chopped into small pieces)
135g Granulated Sugar
170g Cooked Beetroot
140ml Sunflower Oil
How we did it:
- Pre-heat oven to 160 C
- Put cupcake cases into a muffin/yorkshire put tin.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and put aside.
- Put the eggs, oil and beetroot into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the beetroot mixture to the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into the cases evenly.
- Bake for approx. 30 mins.