We made these for adults and children who were coming to tea as a treat that would suit all tastebuds. They were all gobbled up!
INGREDIENTS (makes 10-12 cupcakes)
175g unsalted butter (softened)
175g caster sugar
3 x eggs
1 tsp xanthum gum
3 x lemons
125g GF self-raising flour
50g ground almonds
75g granulated sugar
How we did it:
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Put approx. 16 paper cake cases in Yorkshire tin.
3. Put butter and caster sugar into a large bowl and beat until pale and fluffy (approx 5 mins)
4. Gradually beat in the eggs, followed by 2/3 lemon zest and 1/3 of the lemon juice
5. Fold in the flour, xanthum gum and ground almonds.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cases, using roughly a dessert spoonful per case.
7. Bake for 15mins (until golden brown).
8. Cool for 10 minutes.
9. Put the remaining zest, juice and granulated sugar into a small bowl and leave to soak for 5 mins.
10. Drizzle the lemon sugar mix over the cakes.
These lovely refreshing cakes are great on their own or with a scoop of ice cream as a pudding.